Junior Achievement of Northern New England Career Opportunities
POSITION TITLE: Development Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Marketing
Junior Achievement of Northern New England is seeking a committed and passionate individual to join our development team. This person will become a subject matter expert and action agent for the mission of Junior Achievement. Responsibilities include prospecting, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding partnerships within the JA of NNE footprint, in support of our critical mission. The Development Officer will have the unique opportunity to manage a portfolio of suspects, prospects and current donors with a focus on generating new individual and corporate partnerships within our territory. We take pride in offering win/win partnerships with our stakeholders, supporting their existing business strategies and offering value in return for their funding rather than simply asking for money.
This position works closely with the programs team to ensure that all funding is consistent with our program strategy, mission, and core values. Participation in the fundraising efforts for all of our annual events as well as volunteer recruitment and engagement are a few additional areas of focus. This position works closely with the whole team as well as having a large amount of autonomy over their own position, and will report to the Director of Development and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Defines account-specific strategies that develop and deepen corporate partnership engagement to position JA of NNE for short- and long-term revenue and volunteer growth.
• Maintains a pipeline of potential partnerships in JA of NNE footprint.
• Works collaboratively with Development and Program Teams to develop prospect plans that outline involvement and strategic approach for cultivation and solicitation of corporate partnership commitment.
• Functions as primary JA of NNE contact for identified corporate partnerships.
• Offers support to colleagues, where needed, when they are the primary JA of NNE contact for identified corporate partnerships.
• Collaborates closely with Program Team to ensure corporate partnership satisfaction through thoughtful stewardship and customer service.
• Leverages opportunities for high-impact stewardship such as invitations to events, customized stewardship reports, etc.
• Executes on grant related proposals and reporting when it involves direct accounts.
• Maintains current prospect and corporate partner records in donor management system, BCRM. Develops prospect and stewardship plans for all accounts, and impact reports when appropriate.
• Seeks out and attends community events in order to network and cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors and volunteers.
• Attends Board meetings in-person, and committee meetings either via phone or in-person, as requested.
• Assists the Programs Team with covering JA events, as needed, which includes being an on-site liaison for volunteers and teachers/chaperones and school/corporate hosts. There may be a need to take photos and/or request that thank you notes or testimonials be written, and Social Media posts throughout the event.
• Frequent oral and written communications are necessary for this position.
• This position will require driving to and from various locations within the JA of NNE footprint, when needed.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications with strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and diligent follow through a must. Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently while sticking to a fast paced strategy plan. Strong people skills accompanied by an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude with superior professionalism and judgment. Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access to transportation – own car is a must.
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT
Junior Achievement's mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JA is the world's largest organization dedicated to educating young people on financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship through programs taught by trained corporate or community volunteers in schools, and at after-school sites throughout the world.
Junior Achievement of Northern New England is strategically focused on making the biggest impact possible by partnering with school districts, cities and towns to serve students throughout their Kindergarten to 12th grade education. For the 2017-2018 school year, JAofNNE reached 21,611 youth through the efforts of 1,404 trained volunteers throughout Central and Eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
CORPORATE CULTURE STATEMENT
We hire the best people, not just the best talent. We work together as ONE team to deliver our mission. We treat each other with respect, communicate clearly, value diverse opinions and challenge the status quo on our quest for continuous improvement. We value our people and offer them competitive compensation/benefits, schedule flexibility and purposeful professional/personal development opportunities. We treat all our stakeholders as important contributors to our ultimate goal of delivering on our mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.