About Our Office
About Junior Achievement of North Florida
Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs.
Junior Achievement of North Florida was chartered in 1963 and has since operated on the principal that economic education and workforce preparation contribute to a lifetime of success.
Why Junior Achievement?
JA helps students realize that the education they are getting today will help them to have a bright future tomorrow. JA's unique, volunteer delivered programs show them all of the possibilities that lay before them. They realize they can choose different paths; College? A specific trade? Start their own business?
Through your participation as an organization or as an individual, these statistics below can begin to change in your community:
- 20% of U.S. students will not complete high school on time and earn a diploma.
- 49% of U.S. employers recognize that talent shortages impact their ability to serve clients and customers.
- 36% of Americans say that they have at some point in their lives felt their financial situation was out of control.
- 91% of millennials wish they had greater access to entrepreneurial education programs.
JA of North Florida Student Reach
JA of North Florida reached 56,489 students during the 2015-16 school year. This would not be possible without the involvement of dedicated board members, classroom volunteers and generous supporters.
Junior Achievement programs work. Outcome results indicate:
- 82% of students said that JA made them see that what is being learned in school can be used in the real world
- 93% of students want JA in their class next year
- 100% of teachers said that JA complimented and/or enhanced their classroom curriculum
- 100% of volunteers rated JA programs as effective programs for students
Junior Achievement inspires and prepares young people to succeed in a global economy.
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals