Junior Achievement of North Florida Career Opportunities
- Responsible for elementary, middle and high school program management and individual volunteer recruitment and relationships in assigned schools and geographic areas
- Deliver on individual, team and organizational goals and objectives
- Delight Junior Achievement stakeholders by developing and maintaining positive relationships with teachers, volunteers, school staff and students
- Develop collateral materials in conjunction with programs team and marketing manager
- Assure program quality through phone calls, classroom monitoring, participant servicing, evaluation instruments and newsletters
- Continually provide motivation, feedback, program materials and resources to consultants and teachers and conduct training as needed
- Attend community organization meetings focused on developing and strengthening relationships that promote and increase volunteer participation; deliver recruiting presentations as needed
- Recruit volunteers to meet individual and team goals by securing new sources for volunteers and renewals from existing volunteer sources
- Manage department records in line with organizational standards and objectives. Enter accurate program information in database
- Assist with other Junior Achievement organizational duties as assigned
- Must have enthusiasm for the Junior Achievement mission and true commitment to helping students realize their potential
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, Education or related field is required
- Three to five years of experience in program, project or event management is preferred
- Proven strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail, strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to provide own transportation, as some local travel is required
- Public speaking experience and knowledge of the education and/or business community is preferred
- Should be comfortable working closely in teams; this position will be working collaboratively as well as independently
- The ideal candidate will be innovative and forward-thinking; have project management experience and/or experience with student programs
- The individual will be knowledgeable about corporate sponsorships and benefits; be familiar with Jacksonville's education landscape
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as computer literacy skills
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."