JA of Northern Nevada's Career Opportunities
The primary duty of the position is to manage fundraising through restricted and unrestricted grant writing in the assigned counties, assuring that quality service is provided to Junior Achievement of Northern Nevada (JANN) customers and organizational and administrative tasks are competed.
- Lead the development department at JANN responsible reaching nearly 10,000 students annually with economic education that focuses on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
- Help develop the brand through community outreach, meeting with current and potential donors.
- Embrace being a community leader, comfortable meeting with business owners and executives to connect them to the JA mission.
- Lead and inspire Boards of Directors to build a sustainable and growing funding model to meet future needs. Work with the boards to generate new funding sources.
- Manage and inspire all fundraising related board committees in carrying out their specific functions so the goals of the board can be achieved.
- Identify programs to fund with board approval.
- Manage an Annual Campaign and Partnership process.
- Research and identify past and new corporate, foundation and individual interests to fund the assigned programs.
- Provide the necessary information including proposals, partnership tools, etc. for solicitation. Provide follow up and report back information and implement stewardship strategy.
- Prepare and manage budget projections with the board.
- Manage the information system assuring that all data is up to date weekly in the database and organization's shared drive.
- Track revenue and expense actuals to goal in event budget, making budget adjustments as needed to meet goals.
- Manage the event budget, establishing goals, tracking revenue and expense actuals to goal and making budget adjustments as needed to meet goals.
- Organize and qualify event logistics using a timeline/calendar of tasks.
- Implement sponsorship solicitation via the partnership process.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing funds in an online tracking system, manage bills, and oversee document storage for annual audits.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Grant development and management
- Ability to organize many tasks at once
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to discover opportunities with customers and prospects
- Exceptional reasoning and judgment skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet people and build rapport easily
- Self-motivated, with a high level of energy
- Independent, needing little supervision
- Professional appearance and behavior
Education and Work Experience
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Previous grant writing experience highly preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
To apply: Call 775.323.8084 for more information or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried