About Our Office
Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, Junior Achievement provides in-school programs for students which focus on three key content areas: entrepreneurship, financial literacy and career development.
Junior Achievement's Vision
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JA will build generations of young people who are financially literate, work ready, entrepreneurial, and believe in the power of their own potential.
Junior Achievement of Northwestern Ohio:
- Builds young people's capacity to spur economic development and contribute to America's global competitiveness.
- Inspires students to stay in school by demonstrating relevant benefits to education and work readiness.
- Partners with local businesses to provide rewarding employee volunteer programs.
- Trains 1,100 volunteers to teach students through relevant, responsive, innovative programs in more than participating schools.
- Reaches 25,000 students annually throughout Northwestern Ohio.
- Implements the fun & educational competition for high school students, The JA Business Challenge, hosted by The University of Toledo.
- Served Northwestern Ohio since 1946.
Junior Achievement brings together local businesses and area schools to teach the economics of life through entrepreneurship, financial literacy and career readiness education programs to 25,000 Northwestern Ohio students annually.
Junior Achievement programs utilize high-quality education materials and hands-on activities that are age-appropriate that teach elementary students about their roles as individuals, workers and consumers and prepare middle grade and high school students for economic and workforce issues they will face. Programs are delivered by over 1,100 dedicated volunteers who compliment the curriculum by sharing their personal employment experiences with the students. Volunteers are the backbone of Junior Achievement. They are mentors, role models, and leaders who help today's children grow into tomorrow's success stories.