Junior Achievement Evaluation Results
Survey results prove that JA, at all levels, is preparing students to develop successful financial management habits, empowering them to explore the potential of becoming an entrepreneur, and providing them the skills necessary to succeed in a global economy.
Elementary School Program Sequential Curricula Pays Off!
External evaluators found that elementary school students who participate in JA demonstrate significantly higher critical thinking and problem-solving skills than their counterparts.
* Indicates significance at the p<.002 level.
** Indicates significance at the p<.004 level.
Educators value JA programs ...
- Teachers (95%) and volunteers (92%) report that students who participate in JA have a better understanding of how the real world operates.
- Both teachers and volunteers agree that JA students work together better as a team and are more capable of making group responses.
Middle Grades Programs - A History of Performance!
- The majority of middle school students (71%) reported that JA helped them recognize the importance of education and motivated them to work harder to achieve educational and work goals.
- Middle school students understand more about personal finance, business, and economic concepts after participating in JA programs.
* Indicates significance at the p<.001 level. ** Indicates significance at the p<.05 level
Findings: Longitudinal study (2001-2003) Worldwide Institute for Research and Evaluation. Pre/post test scores are taken from recent program evaluations (2006-2008).
High School Programs - JA Students Have the Competitive Advantage!
- The majority of students (79%) agreed that JA positively influenced their attitudes toward continuing their education.
- JA students were more likely than students in general to matriculate to college immediately after high school (77% versus 69%).
- Most students reported that JA made the transition to college easier, encouraged them to work hard, and provided them information that was relevant.
Note: Findings are from a longitudinal study conducted from 2001-2003 by the Worldwide Institute for Research and Evaluation.
"What I learned and experienced affected me greatly, got me ready and prepared me for not only college, but also for the general world and experiences young people face." (Student, North Carolina)
Additional Program Evaluations
|JA Longitudinal Summary|
|Junior Achievement Creates Alumni Success|
|JA Elementary Program Impact Summary|
|JA High School Program Impact Summary|
|JA Graduation Pathways Overview|
|Executive Summary – Work Readiness Impact of JA Program Participation|
|Executive Summary – Financial Literacy Impact of JA Program Participation|
|Junior Achievement Finance Park Virtual 2010 Final Report|
|2011 JA USA A Solution to Increasing Graduation Rates|
|Teachers and Volunteers - Measure student understanding of program content and program impact using pre- and post-tests, downloadable for all JA programs.|
|Student Pre-/Post-Tests — Teachers and Volunteers can measure student understanding of program content and program impact using pre- and post-tests, downloadable for all JA programs.|
Junior Achievement welcomes the opportunity to discuss how you can participate in educating tomorrow's work force. Contact us today.