JA Be Entrepreneurial (Think Like An Entrepreneur)®
JA Be Entrepreneurial is a reimagined, modular program that teaches students about the mindset and the skills needed for success by aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators who add value to any organization. Students completing all three modules use Design Thinking, a problem-solving approach, to create business ideas. Students also learn to transform their ideas into concise, effective, and actionable one-page business plans.
In JA Think Like an Entrepreneur, students develop a mindset that enables opportunity identification, innovation, value creation, and problem solving. They learn the principles, strategies and skills through the experiences of others and apply them to their own lives.
JA Be Entrepreneurial is part of the JA Entrepreneurship Pathway. Participating students will have the opportunity to compete in a new national virtual competition, JA Social Innovation Challenge, which provides a platform for them to share their innovative ideas for improving their communities and to compete for national honors.
• The program is a blended model that includes teacher-led content, volunteer-led opportunities, and self-guided content to support flexible implementation options.
• There are a series of three core modules, with each module comprising multiple 45-minute sessions.
• Modules can be offered together or as stand-alone experiences to meet the diverse needs of educators and students.
• Each module offers a culminating, self-guided project for students to create an artifact that allows them to apply what they have learned.
• Within a module, some sessions and activities are required for standard implementation. Other sessions are optional to meet additional requirements, such as eligibility for the competition.
|Pillars of Student Success || Entrepreneurship: || Financial-Literacy: || Work-Readiness: |
|Program Implementation ||Program Grade-Level |
|Classroom-Based ||High School |
|Program Concepts ||Program Skills |
| || |
Developing a Mindset
Students are introduced to entrepreneurship and the characteristics of a mindset that promote success in their personal and professional lives.
Assessing Entrepreneurial Potential
Students demonstrate their understanding of the entrepreneurial characteristics by identifying prevalent skills in scenarios. Then, they complete an introspective personal assessment about their entrepreneurial potential.
Creating an Entrepreneurial Action Plan (Optional, Self-Guided)
Students craft a personal action plan to start thinking like an entrepreneur in their daily life and career aspirations.