Questions pertaining to this policy should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
Our Privacy VowYour privacy is important. We strive to provide you with a safe and secure user experience. On occasion, there may be instances wherein information must be obtained in order to differentiate you from our thousands of other unique visitors. This helps us provide information and services that are most relevant to you. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience while using our products and Website.
Types of Information CollectedIn those instances where we obtain information from you through registration, cookies or otherwise, the information falls into two categories; personally identifiable information, and anonymous information. Personally identifiable information lets us know the specifics of who you are. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. When you engage in certain activities with our programs or with our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself. If you do not provide that information, depending on the product or service you may not be able to engage in that activity. It is completely optional for you to engage or not engage in those products or activities. Anonymous information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways. This information may be compiled and analyzed on an individual or aggregated basis. The anonymous information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you. We collect information through registration and cookies.
RegistrationWhen registering for certain products and services such as contests, promotions, online curriculum and games, we may ask that you provide us with some information. This information may include your name, passwords, email address, phone number, and postal address, some of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only.
Some of our Web pages use "cookies" so that we can better serve you with more tailored information. Cookies are pieces of information that websites transfer to your browser to keep on your computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies allow us to "save" your passwords and settings so that you can avoid re-entering them each time you return for a visit. It should be understood that cookies do NOT collect any information, but rather store preferences. The information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you. The cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly, and help us to maintain a secure site.
Use of InformationAny personal information you provide to Junior Achievement USA or that we collect from you is maintained and accessible only by Junior Achievement USA, unless specifically stated otherwise. Junior Achievement may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to others. We will NOT release your personally identifiable information to other organizations (other than perhaps between Junior Achievement USA and JA Worldwide, as described below) without your express permission.
- Certain use of Junior Achievement USA's trademark, copyright and other intellectual property is licensed from JA Worldwide, which entity owns the trademarks "JA", "Junior Achievement" and other related branding rights, and with whom Junior Achievement USA has contractual obligations in connection with the licensing of those intellectual property rights. We may share your personally identifiable and anonymous information between Junior Achievement USA and JA Worldwide, but only for use in connection with the overall Junior Achievement organization.
- We use aggregate data collected to inform our local offices of the number of people from their areas who are registered users. No personally identifiable information is disclosed in this process; only anonymous information in aggregate form.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is also used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change, update, and service the Website in accordance to common trends.
- From time to time, Junior Achievement may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information from Junior Achievement such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct or electronic mail regarding products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want to continue to receive such offers or information, simply tell us and we can edit your account information to no longer receive such mailings.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, we may use any personally identifiable or anonymous information that you provided to contact you if you should win.
- You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (i.e., your name, e-mail address, etc.) in any discussion forums or other public areas on this site, any information you disclose in your communication can be collected and used by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy does not apply to such information.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- Junior Achievement is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). Junior Achievement makes reasonable efforts to avoid obtaining, and does not retain, any personal information from anyone under the age of 13 that would be in violation of the COPPA. The personally identifiable information we collect is in no way intended for those under the age of 13, unless we otherwise comply with COPPA. Where certain personal information is requested, it must be indicated that the user is 13 years of age or older in order for the information to be stored or transmitted, unless otherwise obtained and retained in accordance with COPPA.
- Junior Achievement also cooperates with, and reserves the right to release any and all personally identifiable information to tax collection and tax law enforcement agencies in order to identify those users who may owe taxes on earnings from Junior Achievement prize winnings. (U.S. residents who win $600.00 or more combined cash and merchandise prizes in a calendar year must provide their Social Security number in order to receive "1099" forms from Junior Achievement.)
- Junior Achievement uses SSL security on any form that requires credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Policies of Third Parties Not Addressed
Updates to Policy
Periodically, we may change, modify, make additions to or deletions from this policy, without giving you prior notice, or any notice. Any modifications to this policy will be posted as part of this policy. We suggest that you review and update yourself regarding this policy. Your continued use of our Website or products and services after any changes or modifications constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by any changes or modifications.
Individuals may opt-out of communications, thereby terminating all existing information he or she may have registered with Junior Achievement. This is done by sending an email to email@example.com and requesting a removal from our database.
Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space. We welcome any questions or comments you have.