Structure of Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has the responsibility of overseeing the operation and ensuring that the staff is accomplishing the objectives of the organization.
Role of Board of Trustees:
Board members are trustees who act on behalf of an organization's constituents, including service recipients, funders, members, the government, and taxpayers. The board of trustees has the principal responsibility for fulfillment of the organization's mission and the legal accountability for its operations.
This means that as a group they are in charge of:
- Establishing a clear organizational mission.
- Forming the strategic plan to accomplish the mission.
- Overseeing and evaluating the plan's success.
- Hiring a competent President and providing adequate supervision and support to that individual.
- Ensuring financial solvency of the organization.
- Interpreting and representing the community to the organization.
- Instituting a fair system of policies and procedures for human resource management.
Summary of Board of Trustees
|Level of Involvement||Strategic|
|# of Members||25-35|
|# of Planned Meetings per year||5|
Board of Trustees
Donna Kreiser - Chair
Sr. Community Relations Liaison
Bill Yanavitch - Past Chair