JA Job Shadow®
Love Your Job? Share it with a Kid!
JA Job Shadow prepares students to be entrepreneurial thinkers in their approach to work. Students will acquire and apply the skills needed in demanding and ever-changing workplaces. JA Job Shadow:
- Helps prepare our future workforce
- Showcases your place of work
- Enables your employees to easily participate in a community activity
- It's turnkey; JA provides the materials and training and will help arrange all JA Job Shadow days in advance
- Includes three sessions plus a Job Shadow site visit recommended for high school students
- Average time for each session is 45 minutes and includes a site visit experience of at least three hours
- Materials are downloadable and include detailed session plans for the site-coordinator, students, and teacher
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions and understand the importance of researching the requirements needed to earn a position
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interviewing skills
- Identify the next steps needed in their personal career preparation
Job Shadow Day Options:
Your Place of Business
- Host a class of students from 9am-1pm, including lunch
- Provide a tour of your company
- Students visit a business where they observe professional work conduct, learn what skills and education they need to earn jobs
- Participate in a series of host-led challenges that bring home lessons from the "real world" of work
Reverse Job Shadow Day at a School
- Three-hour commitment in a high school classroom
- You will receive a presentation script and with just a little preparation you will be ready to present
- All students will have had two pre-lessons taught by the teacher before your visit
Need More Information?
Please contact us!
"You can feel the impact these programs have on the children and I will be a continuous supporter of JA!"
"My students love JA time! It's a foundation for understanding how our lives work in a home and extends to a community."
"I was elated to see the great boost in confidence my daughter gained."
"Teaching Junior Achievement is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Teaching the children about important factors that will play key roles in their lives is what makes it so special. I loved the opportunity, thank you so much Junior Achievement!"
"Having a Junior Achievement volunteer in my classroom has been so great for the students."
"I would like to thank you and all of JA Titan for the opportunities you have given me."
"This program is so important for students to understand they are part of a bigger community."
"I really think this is a great program for the kids and I'm glad that they give these children the opportunity to show that they can be successful businesswomen."
"The most heartwarming moments are when the children present you with drawings or tell you, ‘This has been the best day ever!'"
"They're learning about important concepts like how and why to earn and save money at such a young age, and those lessons will help them become responsible members of the community as they get older."