JA Job Shadow®
Love Your Job? Share it with a Kid!
JA Job Shadow prepares students to be entrepreneurial thinkers in their approach to work. Students will acquire and apply the skills needed in demanding and ever-changing workplaces. JA Job Shadow:
- Helps prepare our future workforce
- Showcases your place of work
- Enables your employees to easily participate in a community activity
- It's turnkey; JA provides the materials and training and will help arrange all JA Job Shadow days in advance
- Includes three sessions plus a Job Shadow site visit recommended for high school students
- Average time for each session is 45 minutes and includes a site visit experience of at least three hours
- Materials are downloadable and include detailed session plans for the site-coordinator, students, and teacher
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions and understand the importance of researching the requirements needed to earn a position
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interviewing skills
- Identify the next steps needed in their personal career preparation
Job Shadow Day Options:
Your Place of Business
- Host a class of students from 9am-1pm, including lunch
- Provide a tour of your company
- Students visit a business where they observe professional work conduct, learn what skills and education they need to earn jobs
- Participate in a series of host-led challenges that bring home lessons from the "real world" of work
Reverse Job Shadow Day at a School
- Three-hour commitment in a high school classroom
- You will receive a presentation script and with just a little preparation you will be ready to present
- All students will have had two pre-lessons taught by the teacher before your visit
Need More Information?
Please contact us!
"Having volunteers in our classroom shows our students that people care about them."
"Teaching Junior Achievement is one of the best things I have ever done in my life."
"I learned that I really can do anything."
"I donate to JA because I know that it is an investment in my communities future."