What is Junior Achievement?
Junior Achievement is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to preparing and inspiring young people to succeed in a global economy. JA uses hands-on experiences to help young people understand the economics of life. In partnership with businesses and educators, JA brings the real world to students, opening their minds to their potential.
What is the Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon?
It is a fundraising event for Junior Achievement involving people from all areas of your life; co-workers, friends, neighbors, or family. It also provides exposure for JA's innovative K-12 in-school programs
How many bowlers make up a team?
A team consists of five bowlers. One of the bowlers represents the team as a Team Captain.
What are the responsibilities of a Team Captain?
- Recruit a team of five (5) bowlers. (You & 4 others)
- REGISTER online under the "Register" area of this website choosing your shift. Reminder: Shifts are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Your shift time will not be reserved until you have the names of all 5 team members registered.
- Set your team goal, keeping in mind that minimums raised include $75 per bowler or $375 per team. Suggested Goal: $100 per bowler; $500 per team.
- REMIND team members to bring their waiver form and all pledges to the event (Minimum $75 per bowler or $375 per team.
- Notify your team members of the assigned bowling alley and shift time upon notification from JA (One week prior to the event).
- HAVE FUN!
How much money is each individual bowler required to raise?
Each bowler is required to raise a minimum of $75.00 to participate. Additional fundraising is encouraged with various prize levels available. A suggested goal for each bowler is $100.
How much money is each team required to raise?
The individual minimum for each bowler is $75, so together, the team is required to raise $375 or more. Additional individual raising is encouraged with various prize levels available. A suggested goal for each team is $500.
How do the bowlers raise money?
Bowlers raise money by asking their friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers to make a personal pledge to Junior Achievement.
When are contributions due to Junior Achievement?
A minimum of $75 is due from each bowler when they report to their assigned shift at the Bowl-A-Thon. Any contributions above $75 are due to Junior Achievement by December 16, but are encouraged to be delivered to the Bowl-a-Thon for prize purposes.
Are contributions tax-deductible?
Yes, according to applicable IRS regulations. Each participant can download receipts from the "Forms/Downloads" area of this website that can be given to their donors to keep track of their donations. Junior Achievement will not keep track of individual donor giving, only a bowler's final contribution.
How long is the bowling event?
A Bowl-a-Thon shift lasts approximately 2 hours with various shifts available in each community.
Is bowling experience required?
No! The JA Bowl-a-Thon is about raising money for Junior Achievement's programs.
Who do I make my check payable to?
Junior Achievement of South Dakota.