Like many not-for-profits, the culture of Junior Achievement is a decidedly mission-driven one. From the board of directors to staff members, the JA community is filled with dedicated professionals committed to delivering its programs of hope and opportunity to students around the world.
Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and work readiness, JA inspires students to succeed in a global economy. Our success stems from great people who are team players and share a common enthusiasm for the great mission of this organization.
We encourage you to apply for a position and join a winning team of people, who educate and inspire students, helping prepare them for the real world.
Current Opening: Education Manager
Position Title: Education Manager
Compensation: Full-time Salary
Reports To: Director of Education
Position Concept: Manages programs with particular emphasis on recruiting, training, placement, support and recognition of volunteers. Facilitates activities of volunteers and teachers, upholds quality standards for the organization, assures adherence to program models and program expansion, develops and maintains good educator relationships at all levels. Implement program events within assigned communities. Has direct responsibility for programs in counties within Southwest Indiana and Southeast Illinois.
- Implement programs per the Strategic Plan
- Develop and maintain educator relationships
- Work with Advisory Boards in conjunction with Development department
- Recruit volunteers to meet program goals
- Secure new sources for volunteers
- Assure program quality through teacher and volunteer phone calls, classroom monitoring, and service
- Provide feedback, program materials, and resources to volunteers and teachers
- Organize and implement volunteer orientations
- Identify and cultivate new Company Coordinators
- Develop and maintain accurate records within a constituent relationship management database for all classes
- Oversee program events within assigned counties. Coordinate school assignments, delivery of pre-visit programming, and transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in one or more of the following: sales, volunteer management, event management, and marketing
- Competitive and results-driven
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituents, including C-Suite executives, corporate sponsors, special event committee members, vendors, volunteers and participants
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategy to achieve desired results
- Excellent organization, presentation and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced frequently changing environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite; experience with constituent relationship management database a plus
- Established contacts within outlying counties preferred
If interested please email cover letter and resume to Autumne Baker, Director of Education.