JA JobSpark 2019
When: Tuesday, October 1 - Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Where: Old National Events Plaza
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- JA JobSpark is a hands-on career expo for area students in grades 8-12.
- The event is meant to "spark" an interest in students and get them excited for their future.
- Students will learn about skills needed for jobs that will be in demand when they graduate, while utilizing equipment and performing activities used in those jobs daily.
- Students will have a better understanding of the courses they would need to take in high school, a track for post-secondary education, and a clear career pathway based on their interests.
- Students learn about the depth and breadth of great opportunity right here in our region.
Who is planning, leading, and funding this event?
- A coalition of Southern Indiana companies, educators, and organizations, led by Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana and the Public Education Foundation of Evansville, Inc.
- Volunteers from companies throughout the area will be there to engage with students throughout the day. These companies also provide a registration fee and/or sponsorships to participate.
Career Cluster Industries
Agriculture, Food, Energy, & Natural Resources - Architecture & Construction - Business, Finance, & Communications - Government, Law, Education, & Public Safety - Health & Life Sciences - Hospitality, Tourism, & the Arts - Manufacturing, Engineering, Transportation, & Logistics - Technology
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."