JA EduSpark Professional Growth Point Course
- Ocotber 1, 2019
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm CT
- Old National Events Plaza
About JA EduSpark
JA EduSpark provides engaging opportunities for educators to connect industry and classroom learning. Through JA EduSpark, educators will have the opportunity to learn about key industries in our region, hear from a panel of professionals highlighting in-demand careers, and tour the JA JobSpark hands-on experiences. Participation in this event is applicable to all Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators, including those wishing to fulfill PGP requirements, especially the 15 points required to be earned through externship, professional development promoting career navigation, or professional development relating to current and future economic needs.
JA EduSpark Goals
The goal of JA EduSpark is to develop and execute a program for educators that allows them to experience what their students experience at JA JobSpark and further details in-demand jobs, and the skills and education needed to fill those jobs, as well as providing more information on the industries represented.
- Provide tools to educators to help them show students how academics connect to real-world experiences and jobs
- Provide the opportunity to connect with the business community and learn about current and future economic needs
- Provide information to facilitate student career navigation and connections to the business community
Why is JA EduSpark Unique?
- Welcomes all K-12 teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Provides tools and resources for educators relevant to career navigation and exploration
- Offers in-person, hands-on experiences for educators
- Inspires educators to weave career exploration activities throughout core academic subjects at all grade levels
- Expands the spark ignited at JA JobSpark into the classroom
Professional Growth Points Information
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."