JA Job Shadow
- Ocotber 25
- December 6
- February 7
- April - TBD
Sample Job Shadow Day Schedule
- 8:30 a.m. Students depart to job shadow locations.
- 8:30-9:00 Students arrive at various job shadow locations.
- 9:00-9:15 Introductions and orientation by job shadow host; hand out student books (provided by JA).
- 9:15-11:30 Shadowing experience.
- 11:35-12:05 Lunch provided by hosting location.
- 12:15-12:30 Student pick-up.
Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana brings our mission of work readiness to students through the 8th Grade JA Job Shadow program.
Students are able to enter the workplace, experience careers in action, and begin to make the important connection between school and the real world. JA Job Shadow contributes to the vitality of our local economy and a well-educated workforce.
Students will be able to:
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions. Develop job-hunting skills—such as networking, writing resumes, and interviewing skills.
- Identify next steps needed in their personal education and career preparation.
What the hosts provide:
- Facility Tour
- View Organizational Video (if available)
- Student Interview
- Demonstrate work place skills
Business Partners - need more information? CLICK HERE or email Lisa Robison or call 812.425.8152.
JA Job Shadow Sponsors
Student Curriculum Video Guide
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."