Measured Results - the Impact of JA of Southwest Michigan
Junior Achievement of Southwest Michigan is committed delivering quality programming and measuring results.
Junior Achievement of Southwest Michigan is a member of the Kalamazoo Youth Development Network which measures the impact of youth programs using the Youth Program Quality Assessment system.
BDO, a global public accounting firm with an office in Kalamazoo, performs the assessments and also funds any expenses associated with them. We are very grateful for their strong support of Junior Achievement.
Coldwater Project Summary
The results indicate that the volunteers delivering the curriculum did so in a high quality manner as each domain scored higher than the national average.
Finally, over three-quarters of students indicated that:
- The things I learned in JA will be important later in life;
- The things I learned in JA will help me get a good job;
- The things I learned in JA will help me be successful in life;
- JA connected what I learned in the classroom with real life;
- JA taught me how to manage my money; and
- JA made me realize the importance of staying in school.
The final statement stresses one of the values of JA; that Legg Middle School students gained a deeper understanding of the value of staying in school and these students believe that what they learned from the Junior Achievement programs will help them be successful later in life.
"Economics for Success" Summary
The results indicate that the volunteers delivering the curriculum did so in a high quality manner as each domain scored higher than the national average. With regard to student impact, the data indicate that:
- Students scored significantly higher on all but one of the eight pre/post knowledge questions. In addition, five items showed significant improvement in student's knowledge; (Table 6)