Entrepreneurship Classes Extended through December!
Junior Executive Challenge
The Junior Executive Challenge is an interactive day where businesses directly connect with high school students to help them discover what they can expect in the real world of business. 200 members of the business and education communities will have the opportunity to influence and be role models for 400 high school students about what it takes to find, get and keep a good job.
- JA Titan Competition Semi-Finals
- Expo Hall open
- Lunch, networking, communication skills, and pitch competitions + Titan Competition Championship Round
- JA Executive Challenge (6 pitches from area businesses / 5 soft skills vignettes, 3 student pitches for scholarships)
- Expo Hall open
- Awards for corporate and student pitch competitions and JA Titan Competition
Benefits for companies and exhibitors:
- Interact directly with students to provide information about your industry, company, career
- Provide practice to students in interviewing, networking and communications
- Pitch your company, industry, and/or career and receive instant feedback from the audience
- Provide focus for demonstration of soft skills needed in the workplace
- Provide information and materials about your company, educational institution, or career
- Network with other businesses and community leaders
Benefits for students:
- Interact in a formal lunch setting with adult role models from the business world
- Practice work readiness skills in communications and networking
- Practice promoting their "brand"
- Compete for scholarships in the student "Personal Brand" pitch presentation
- Role play and witness situations demonstrating good interpersonal skills, facilitated by The Warehouse Theatre
- Evaluate business presentations ("pitches") from a variety of careers and industries
- Access information about careers, educational institutions, and businesses of interest