Junior Achievement USA is highlighting each of its 22 programs through a series of blog posts to build awareness for the breadth of our programs.
The new JA Company Program blended model unlocks the innate ability in students to solve a problem or fill a need in their community through an entrepreneurial spirit.
Each of the program's 13 meetings begins with a team builder exercise. It is then divided into two activities:
- Company Ops is that portion of the meeting during which students build and manage their business. This usually will take the majority of the meeting time.
- During the Deeper Dive, near the end of the meeting, students work individually or in groups to take a closer look at a business-related topic. This work will culminate with students creating a Personal Action Plan at the program's conclusion.
- Includes a series of 13 meetings recommended for high school students.
- Average time for each meeting is 90-120 minutes.
- Program delivered to students through an online Learning Management System (LMS).
- Introduces students to the key elements involved in organizing and operating a business, while empowering them to solve problems and address local needs through the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Meeting-specific, student-friendly materials are presented to increase student interaction and emphasize JA's experiential approach to learning.
- Correlates well to state social studies, English, and math standards, as well as the Common Core State Standards in English/language arts and mathematics.
Junior Achievement gratefully acknowledges The Hartford for its dedication to the development and implementation of JA Company Program.