Your privacy is important. We strive to provide you with a safe and secure user experience. On occasion, there may be instances wherein information must be obtained in order to differentiate you from our thousands of other unique visitors. This helps us provide information and services that are most relevant to you. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience while using our programs, products and Websites.
Types of Information Collected
In those instances where we obtain information from you through registration, cookies or otherwise, the information falls into two categories; personally identifiable information, and anonymous information. Personally identifiable information lets us know the specifics of who you are. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. When you engage in certain activities with our programs or with our Websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself. If you do not provide that information, depending on the product or service you may not be able to engage in that activity. It is completely optional for you to engage or not engage in those products or activities. Anonymous information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways. This information may be compiled and analyzed on an individual or aggregated basis. The anonymous information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you.
When registering to use certain programs or for certain products and services such as contests and promotions, we may ask that you provide us with some information. For example, Junior Achievement offers certain programs through the LMS in a blended learning format, which may include the use of web-based programs, games and related content. When you register to access such programs, products or services, we may collect personal information, such as first name, last name, email address and username. For certain Websites, programs or products we may also collect or ask you to provide other personal information such as passwords, phone number, and postal address, some of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only. In some cases, additional information, such as the name of a volunteer, educator, school or school district, information about when or how a program was offered, and user feedback on our programs, may be associated with the personal information we collect from users of our programs.
Some of our Web pages use "cookies" so that we can better serve you with more tailored information. Cookies are pieces of information that websites transfer to your browser to keep on your computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies allow us to "save" your passwords and settings so that you can avoid re-entering them each time you return for a visit. It should be understood that cookies do NOT collect any information, but rather store preferences. The information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you. The cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly, and help us to maintain a secure site.
Use of Information
Any personal information you provide to Junior Achievement USA or that we collect from you is maintained and accessible only by Junior Achievement USA, JA Worldwide, local JA areas and other licensee members of the JA network (collectively, "JA Network Members"), unless specifically stated otherwise. Junior Achievement may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to others. We will NOT release your personally identifiable information to other organizations (other than JA Network Members) without your express permission.
- Certain use of Junior Achievement USA's trademark, copyright and other intellectual property is licensed from JA Worldwide, which entity owns the trademarks "JA", "Junior Achievement" and other related branding rights, and with whom Junior Achievement USA has contractual obligations in connection with the licensing of those intellectual property rights. We may share your personally identifiable and anonymous information with JA Worldwide and other JA Network Members, but only for use in connection with the overall Junior Achievement organization.
- We use aggregate data collected to inform local JA areas of the number of people from their areas who are registered users. In some cases, we may share personally identifiable information with local JA areas and other JA Network Members for the purpose of evaluating and improving our programs and the experience of our program users.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is also used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change and update our programs and service our Websites and web platforms to improve our programs and services and the user experience.
- From time to time, Junior Achievement may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information from Junior Achievement such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct or electronic mail regarding products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want to continue to receive such offers or information, simply tell us and we can edit your account information to no longer receive such mailings.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, we may use any personally identifiable or anonymous information that you provided to contact you if you should win.
- You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (i.e., your name, e-mail address, etc.) in any discussion forums or other public areas on this site, any information you disclose in your communication can be collected and used by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy does not apply to such information.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- Junior Achievement also cooperates with, and reserves the right to release any and all personally identifiable information to tax collection and tax law enforcement agencies in order to identify those users who may owe taxes on earnings from Junior Achievement prize winnings. (U.S. residents who win $600.00 or more combined cash and merchandise prizes in a calendar year must provide their Social Security number in order to receive "1099" forms from Junior Achievement.)
- Junior Achievement uses SSL security on any form that requires credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Policies of Third Parties Not Addressed
Updates to Privacy Policies
Periodically, we may change, modify, make additions to or deletions from this policy, without giving you prior notice, or any notice. Any modifications to this policy will be posted as part of this policy. We suggest that you review and update yourself regarding this policy. Your continued use of our Websites or products and services, including programs accessed through the LMS, after any changes or modifications constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by any changes or modifications. Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The security, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information is important to us. We maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements for the personal information we collect. The LMS is administered by CrossKnowledge. CrossKnowledge uses physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data and restricts access to your personal data to only those who need to know that information to perform their job function. However, despite such efforts, no security controls are 100% effective, and JA cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information that you provide to us, CrossKnowledge or other third-party. There is no guarantee that the data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
When you registered as a user, you may have created an account that is password-protected. Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
Retention of Personal Information
When you register as a user or obtain a user account, we process and keep your personal information for as long as your account is active. Once your account is deleted, we will retain your personal information for up to [60 days] before permanently deleting it, unless we are legally required to retain the information for a longer period.
Reviewing or Deleting Your Personal Information
You are entitled to know what personal information we collect about you and to have access to that information. If you have registered as a user, you may access, edit, or correct the personal information you have provided in your profile at any time. You can request to access and review your personal information, or have your account and personal information deleted, at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
You can choose not to receive any communications about events or publications we believe might be of interest to you. Individuals may opt-out of communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or Concerns
If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, please contact us at: email@example.com
. We welcome any questions or comments you may have.