4th through 6th Grade Program
Located in Auburn and Yakima, WA
- Complete 12 core lessons or 10-12 hours of in-class training in preparation for the culminating activity of the training - a one-day hands-on experience where they demonstrate their new skills.
- Enter a mini-city, supported by trained volunteers, where they take full responsibility for roles as proprietors, civic leaders, and consumers.
- Operate and patronize businesses such as a newspaper, retail stores, television station, bank, electric company, restaurant, real estate firm, professional offices, governmental offices, and others.
- Attempt to fulfill the goal of satisfying their customers, paying-off their business loans AND realizing a profit at the conclusion of the business day.
- Will greatly increase their knowledge of the free enterprise system
- In addition to improving test scores, the students learn the concepts of teamwork, leadership, punctuality, customer service, and many other skills vital to success in the workplace.
JA BizTown Volunteer Training
JA BizTown Participating Businesses
JA BizTown - Auburn
Delta Dental of Washington
Exotic Metals, LLC
First Tech Federal Credit Union
Puget Sound Business Journal
Puget Sound Energy
JA BizTown - Yakima
Advanced Digital Imaging
Central Washington University
Nob Hill Water Association
Solarity Credit Union
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."