JA Inspire unites educators and local business leaders in JA Areas to create and deliver handson learning experiences that support employers' needs and students' futures. It's designed for educators who seek to offer students meaningful experiences and to help them make successful personal choices. It's designed for employers who need a pool of motivated workers, ready to contribute from day one. And it's designed to give 8th and 9th grade students a real-world way to envision future career opportunities.
JA Inspire helps students make the connection between their lives today and their careers tomorrow:
- Provides students with information about educational requirements for a job.
- Helps students realize the relationship between high school course choices and desired careers.
- Engages and motivates students who previously had only a vague idea of the working world.
- Helps students learn about industries that interest them.
- Allows students to experience jobs and connect to the adults who perform them.
- Provides a venue for students to practice and improve soft skills (social, communication, listening, strategic planning, leadership, etc.).