Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania Career Opportunities
DIRECTOR OF JA BIZTOWN
POSITION CONCEPT: This position is responsible for the overall quality and effectiveness of JA BizTown and JA Finance Park for students, teachers, volunteers and funders. Works with the JA Area President to assure that the Capstone strategy supports the overall business objectives of JA of Western Pennsylvania. The position also increases public awareness for the program; ensures program quality, expansion and good school relations; develops the budget, and yearly planning calendar for the program.
- Develop annual strategy and operating plans related to the Capstone programs that support the overall JA Area business objectives.
- Responsible for marketing and successful recruitment of the program to expand and grow the reach and impact of JA of Western PA.
- Ensure that program targets for number of students served are reached.
- Coordinate with development team to provide support to Capstone shop sponsors, strengthen partnerships and create recognition opportunities.
- Administer pre- and post- testing to assess effectiveness of programs for funders, schools, school districts, etc.
- Monitor curriculum progress at participating schools; prepare and update annual schedule for visits and training on a regular basis.
- Work with school district representatives on program implementation, funding and evaluation. Ensure participating schools have all information required for effective implementation.
- Conduct and ensure effectiveness of teacher and volunteer training; ensure attendance at training.
- Seek and secure sufficient volunteer resources to support program implementation.
- Prepare and present presentations to local community groups to grow program participation.
- Develop annual budget. Maintain and update computer equipment; develop a schedule for purchases, if necessary.
- Manage Capstone staff to assure effective operation of the program including, recruiting, hiring, training and managing performance to assure retention of quality talent.
- Other projects as required.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Four or more years of JA or related experience. Prior experience in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience working with children. Two years of classroom or business experience is strongly desired.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Established relationships with area schools and businesses. Familiarity with budgeting required.
- Self-motivated with strong customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills; strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Flexible with time; able to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds) and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary of $30K
Email cover letter and resume to Dr. Amanda Laichak, VP of Education at: email@example.com
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."