Beyond the Classroom Resources
For Teachers, Caring Adults, and Students
During this unique time in our community, we are doing our part to help ensure students continue their JA education at home and help parents make the most out of at-home-learning.
Have ideas on other resources you'd like to see added? Send us a message.
We will be continuing to add content in the coming days. Bookmark this page and check back often
Grades K-5 Videos
Access short videos and at-home activities all in one place. JA recommends that a caring adult help guide the child online.
Grades 6-12 Videos
The JA Virtual Speaker Series is a collection of videos filmed by local Pittsburgher's geared towards students in grades 6-12.
Extended Learning Activities
Additional activities for students in grades K-12.
Access fun & simple DIY activities & step-by-step instructions
JA BizTown® Augmented Reality App
Ever wonder how energy impacts our communities? Download the JA BizTown® app on the App Store or the Google Play Store for an augmented reality experience that educates viewers on the many ways natural gas provides electricity, fuels our vehicles and creates jobs in the area.
Launch the app and begin to follow the directions on the screen. There is nospecific order in which you need to view each trigger below.
Instagram Live Sessions - Every Thursday at Noon from JA BizTown®
- Instagram Live Session - Week #2 Featuring ANSYS
- Instragram Live Session - Week #3 Featuring Sheetz
- Instagram Live Session - Week #4 Featuring Clearview Federal Credit Union
- Instagram Live Session - Week #5 Featuring Range Resources
- Instagram Live Session - Week #6 Featuring Mascaro Construction
- Instagram Live Session - Week #7 Partnership Announcement with NuMoola
- Instagram Live Session - Week #8 Featuring Star 100.7 (Entercom Pittsburgh)
- Instagram Live Session - Week #9 Featuring UPMC
- Instagram Live Session - Celebrate Juneteenth with special guest Jordan
- Instagram Live Session - Week #11 Featuring Highmark
- Instagram Live Session - Week #12 Featuring Calgon Carbon
- Instagram Live Session - Week #13 Featuring #1 Cochran
- Instagram Live Session - Week #14 Featuring ALCOSAN
- Intsagram Live Session - Week #15 Featuring Burns Scalo Real Estate
Other Games and Guides to Help You Keep Learning From Home
- Cha-Ching Money Smart Kids Videos and Activities (grade 3)
- Pittsburgh: Your Bridge to Opportunity (grades 5th-8th)
- JA Access Your Future
- JA Build Your Future (also available on the App Store and Google Play) (grades 6th-12th)
- JA My Way (interactive website) (grades 6th-12th)
- JA Assembling Your Career (grades 6th-12th)
- Save USA College Life Game
- JA Virtual Finance Park
- JA Titan - Public (Online Simulation for High School Students)
- Making Sense: Understanding the Financial Impact of COVID-19 (A Guide for Middle and High School Students)
- Making Sense: The Impact of COVID-19 on Business and Innovation (A Guide for Middle and High School Students)
- Making Sense: Work in the time of COVID-19 (A Guide for Middle and High School Students)
Make an Impact!
If you are interested in supporting Junior Achievement, your donation will be put to immediate use to provide at-home learning resources for students in our region. To make a donation, please click here.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."