At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices.
Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
Since 1941, Wisconsin students in kindergarten through 12th grade have been brought face to face with volunteers who have opened their eyes to business and economics through Junior Achievement.
JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school.
Thanks to a growing number of contributors, volunteers, and educators, over 162,000 Wisconsin students benefited from Junior Achievement last year. We rely on the participation of community volunteers. Because of you, students across the state are learning and achieving. And to us, there is nothing more inspiring.
Our Purpose: To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
Our Core Values
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning