Position: Regional Director—South Central Wisconsin
Reports to: Primary: Vice President of Program Partnerships; Secondary: Area Board of Directors
Leads: Dane Area and Rock Area Teams
Status: exempt; salaried
Purpose: The Regional Director will lead Junior Achievement (JA) activity within the Dane & Rock County Areas as well as have regional accountabilities for the South Central Region. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating community relation efforts, serving as an area board liaison and a liaison to current or new Senior Advisory Boards, quality program implementation, philanthropy and stewardship, forming and managing regional partnerships, and overall regional team development and performance. Ultimately responsible for regional strategic planning, preparing and training team members for success, and recruiting, training, and placing volunteers within her/his area of responsibility.
Primary Dane Area & Rock Area Accountabilities (85%):
1. Philanthropy and Stewardship: Research, identify and secure financial resources for the organization from board, corporate, foundation, and individual sources. This would include writing grants and proposals with appropriate meetings and follow up with prospects. Be diligent about using financial gifts in the manner the donor intended them to be used. Demonstrate gratitude for each gift through appropriate stewardship and recognition.
2. Program Growth/Quality: Develops and maintains relationships with school district leadership and teachers, matching JA resources to meet educational needs. Assures recruitment and placement of trained volunteers from the community to meet program requests. Builds and maintains customer relations and volunteer satisfaction with program. Administers required program evaluation tools. Implements quality improvement based on customer feedback and direction from state or worldwide headquarters. Ensures continued program growth in designated areas.
3. Financial Management: Ensures area revenue and expenses meet with targeted budget level. Implements and manages philanthropy programs and special events. Manages area operations budget.
4. Board Development: Guides and empowers area board of directors to meet program/funding goals. Ensures appropriate board size and level through board development committee and/or board chair. Provides assistance in identifying, recruiting and training leadership for appropriate board positions. Provides key information, coordinates meetings, monitors and supports board committees and staff efforts to meet plan objectives.
5. Awareness: Working with colleagues, promotes awareness of Junior Achievement in assigned area. Develops media contacts. Secures articles in newspapers, magazines, and company newsletters. Conducts presentations to business and community organizations. Assures brand compliance.
Primary Regional Accountabilities (15%):
1. Regional Performance: Lead regional strategy sessions and programmatic and financial goal setting. Responsible for leading the regional team toward successful attainment of all regional philanthropic and program goals; provide direct leadership to the Dane and Rock Area teams; accountable for annual regional financial results.
2. Regional Partnerships: Work within the region and across Junior Achievement of Wisconsin regions to seek out new and to deepen existing partnerships within business and education communities that meaningfully advance the mission.
3. Team Development: Directs and develops team members assigned to the region and her/his areas. Conducts annual performance reviews. Assures all team members complete required training, and provides opportunities for professional development through additional local, state and national offerings. Maintains current personnel files, acts as liaison as needed between team members and director of human resources. Provides current information to state organization on status of new and terminated team members, salary/other personal changes and insurance enrollment. Communicates updated personnel policy information to team. Provides timely advice regarding adherence to established Junior Achievement policies.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent business experience
• 5 years of non-profit experience, proven ability in writing grants, fundraising, developing and leading the Board and area teams
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Practical knowledge and experience of how to lead teams across a wide geography
• Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated success in achieving annual development and program goals
The above position description is not all inclusive and is not an implied contract of duties performed. It is a general overview of position responsibilities.