Careers with Junior Achievement
Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Are you interested in a career with Junior Achievement? Below are our current job postings.
Capstone Instructional Coordinator
Part-Time, Seasonal, Based in Milwaukee
Reports to: Senior Manager - Capstone
Position available: Part-time, 2-3 days per week
Salary range: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Position Summary: Facilitate daily operation of JA BizTown and JA Finance Park student simulations including volunteer trainings associated with JA BizTown and JA Finance Park. Act as a resource to students, volunteers, and teachers. Basic skills include good speaking and presentation skills, excellent oral communication, and the ability to train and work in a fast paced environment. Hours are offered mid-October through mid-June and July for Summer Programming. No hours are worked August through September and during Holiday breaks (i.e. Christmas and Spring Break).
- Manage simulation day efficiently and effectively when students are present by leading simulation processes in assigned rotation.
- Understand how to troubleshoot computer and technology problems.
- Assist JA BizTown and JA Finance Park Program Managers as needed.
- Prepare for simulation by following morning set-up guidelines and afternoon cleaning and re-set procedures.
- Monitor inventory of simulation materials and forms and inform Program Managers of needs.
- Communicate with JA BizTown and JA Finance Park Program Managers to recognize potential problems, questions/concerns, etc.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Desired Skills: Bilingual in Spanish / English
Application Process: Please direct resume to: Kari Tylke, Director – Human Resources; email@example.com or by fax: 414.577.3869. Select candidates will be phoned and invited for an interview.