Careers with Junior Achievement
Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Are you interested in a career with Junior Achievement? Below are our current job postings.
Program Manager Opportunity Available
Part-Time - 20 hours per week
Location - De Pere, WI
Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Inc. is seeking a part-time Program Manager to serve teachers and volunteers in the Brown County / Greater Green Bay Region. The Program Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining good educator relationships at all levels. This is also a visible position in the business community offering the opportunity to add creativity, expertise, and fresh ideas to the organization's resource generation efforts. This position is ideal for a highly motivated, high energy professional with sales ability who can meet goals and deadlines. Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills are required. Flexibility with hours/days of week.
- Work with schools, educators, volunteers and businesses directly for program placement
- Market and secure new partnerships with businesses
- Secure new partnerships with schools
- Assure quality through monitoring and collection of participant and program information
- Increase public awareness of Junior Achievement in the education and business community through presentations and other outreach
- Ensure customer satisfaction and program quality through face-to-face, phone and electronic communication
- Provide efficient and personable service to program participants through prompt follow-through and organization
- Implement volunteer orientation and training
- Recruit and manage internship program
- Assist with event coordination, including but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, marketing collateral updates, written and in-person communication with schools
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
- Bachelors/Associates Degree or Comparable Experience
- Good organizational, interpersonal skills, presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales and marketing ability
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft programs, database management
- Facebook management, graphic design or desktop publishing a plus
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver's License
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Please direct a resume to Kari Tylke in HR at email@example.com by June 15, 2018. Select candidates will be phoned and invited for an interview.
Reports to: Senior Manager - Capstone
Position available: Part-time, 2-3 days per week
Salary range: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Position Summary: Facilitate daily operation of JA BizTown and JA Finance Park student simulations including volunteer trainings associated with JA BizTown and JA Finance Park. Act as a resource to students, volunteers, and teachers. Basic skills include good speaking and presentation skills, excellent oral communication, and the ability to train and work in a fast paced environment. Hours are offered mid-October through mid-June and July for Summer Programming. No hours are worked August through September and during Holiday breaks (i.e. Christmas and Spring Break).
- Manage simulation day efficiently and effectively when students are present by leading simulation processes in assigned rotation.
- Understand how to troubleshoot computer and technology problems.
- Assist JA BizTown and JA Finance Park Program Managers as needed.
- Prepare for simulation by following morning set-up guidelines and afternoon cleaning and re-set procedures.
- Monitor inventory of simulation materials and forms and inform Program Managers of needs.
- Communicate with JA BizTown and JA Finance Park Program Managers to recognize potential problems, questions/concerns, etc.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Desired Skills: Bilingual in Spanish / English
Application Process: Please direct resume to: Kari Tylke, Director – Human Resources; firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 414.577.3869. Select candidates will be phoned and invited for an interview.