WHO WE AREJA is the world's largest and fastest growing educational non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring young people to succeed in a global economy.
Through a dedicated volunteer network, JA provides in-school and after-school programs to students in grades K-12.
Programs focus on 3 key areas: financial literacy, entrepreneurship and work readiness.
WHAT WE DO
JA programs help to build the bridge between school learning and young people's future success in the work world and in their lives.
Minimal time commitment
- 30 - 45 minute lessons
- 5 lessons - grades K through 5
- 6 lessons - grades 6 through 8
- 5+ lessons - high school (depending on program)
Three deliver models
- Traditional: 1 lesson per week for consecutive weeks (arranged between volunteer and teacher)
- JA in a Day: all lessons taught back-to-back over the course of one school day
- JA in 2 Mornings: all lessons taught over the course of 2 mornings (8:00 - 11:00)
- Orientation (90 minutes)
- Complete curriculum with all materials necessary to deliver lessons, contained in a 'kit' including a step-by-step program guidebook.
- Remains in the classroom
- Maintains discipline
- Groups students for activities
- Connects JA curriculum with school curriculum
JA IS FUNJA is fun for students and rewarding for volunteers.
- hands-on activities
- role models
- no homework or tests