When: a monthly Virtual series starting in January 2021
Join us for a new kind of JA Inspire this year with the JA Inspire (Virtual) Career Speaker Sessions!
JA Inspire Career Speaker Series is more than a virtual career fair, it brings together the business community and local schools and is designed to help launch middle school students into their futures: high school, college, and careers beyond.
Four sessions throughout the year focus on the 16 career clusters. Students can choose to participate in any or all of the sessions. Best suited for grades 7 and up.
Session #1 Content is Available HERE Featuring:
- Architecture & Construction
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Please refer to the chart below to see how the career clusters are scheduled and on what dates. The ideas listed below can be live or pre-recorded. How Can Volunteers Participate?
- Participate in a live panel discussion via zoom led by JA staff
- Record a video of a co-worker interview you
- Record a video of yourself or a team of your co-workers representing a variety of jobs at your organization
- Consider giving a tour of your office or facility (live or recorded)
- Highlight a "day in the life" with a series of short vignettes showing the different tasks of your day
Contact Alycia Ivancie at JA:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 853-1381 ext. 215 for additional details.
*Industry Clusters below are subject to change based on volunteer availability
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."