How does it work?
Volunteering for JA is fun, flexible and rewarding. JA programs are easy to teach, require a modest time investment, and provide immediate feedback and personal satisfaction. JA provides volunteers with everything they need to be successful in the classroom, including:
- Choice of elementary, middle or high school close to home or work
- All classroom materials needed to teach the program including a step-by-step lesson plan
- Training on how to use the JA materials as well as teaching and classroom management tips
- Connection to a teacher to coordinate when you teach the JA program - three to seven weeks for 40 minutes
What is the impact?
Results show that students who participate in JA programs understand more about personal finances and budgeting. Compared to students in general, JA students:
- Have a more positive self-concept and higher self-esteem.
- Are more likely to graduate from high school (93% versus 70%).
Are more likely to attend college (73% versus 60%).
Ready to Volunteer?