- JA JobSpark is a hands-on career expo for area students in 8th grade.
- The event is meant to "spark" an interest in students and to get them excited for their future.
- Students will learn about skills needed for jobs that will be in demand when they graduate, while utilizing equipment and performing activities used in those jobs daily.
- Students will have a better understanding of the courses they would need to take in high school, a track for post-secondary education, and a clear career pathway based on their interests.
- Students will explore first-hand careers in northern Indiana industries.
- A coalition of northeast Indiana companies, educators, and organizations, led by Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana.
- Volunteers from companies throughout the area will be there to engage with students throughout the day. These companies also provide a registration fee and/or sponsorship to participate.
Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering, & Logistics * Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources * Architecture, Engineering, & Construction * Business, Finance, & Marketing * Government, Law, & Public Service * Health & Life Sciences * Hospitality, Tourism, & Arts * Information Technology
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."